Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoD raiding Application

2 posters

Go down

WoD raiding Application Empty WoD raiding Application

Post  Naqsmek Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:51 pm

WoD Raiding Application.

What is your age? - 21
Where are you from? - Malta
Do you have Mumble? - yes
Microphone? - yes
Name - Patri
Class - Priest
Level - 85
Spec - Discipline
Gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Patri/simple

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
If needed yes.

- What is your former experience?
I was active in the start of the Wotlk expansion and raided heavily in the ulduar and frozen throne patch (main but with the release of Cata I stopped playing due to personal reasons and also because I felt the game lost its touch in that expansion. After this I played non-retail WoW (wotlk) for a long time in which i had a chance to raid in high level with all classes, to learn as much as I could about each class and each spec in the game. I have recently started playing MoP to get back to grips with the game in wait of WoD.

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
Honestly I don't remember the guild names since it has been quite a long time since I played retail WoW but the reason I left was that the guild did not have a friendly atmosphese and a regular raiding schedule

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
Eowulf

- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
On the most part, the raiding times are perfect for me and from speaking to Eowulf irl about the guild, I thought that it would be a great guild for me to join.

- Tell us why we should pick you
I see myself as a dedicated, fast learning player, with a great importance to the social aspect of gaming as well as the game itself. I feel that I can be a great asset to the guild in the new expansion, and I am willing to switch mains if needed.

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
26 days playtime on the Priest I'm applying with for WoD raiding, but I have been playing for much longer on various chars

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)
My raiding exp is mostly in Wotlk as disc so, my prio in raid was:
Shielding anyone taking massive damage then penance if needed
keeping prayer of mending up
Raid-wide shielding - prio on healers
Penance/Prayer of healing as necessary
Divine Hymn if AoE healers cannot cope with damage

GCD- Pain suppression - If someone is taking too much damage for healers to cope with
  - Power infusion - normally was given to best spellcaster for dmg increase (pref affli lock or spriest)
  - Hymn of Hope - Raid wide mana regen if people are low on mana
  - Shadowfiend - Personal mana regen

Obviously this has changed a lot and will change in WoD, I am currently lvling my priest(realm Outland, will transfer to Auchindoun soon) up and in the same time doing low lvl raids with me resto shaman (name Hallieq - Auchindoun).

- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?
Yes. As of now, the only times that I am unavaliable are on Friday and Saturday evening.

- Tell us something about yourself.
I am 21, was studying and working for 3 years in Software Development and currently studying for at university in Communication Studies and Philosophy.

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
Cherry flavour is the best.

- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
Just started it this week on my shaman.

- Please add an UI screenshot to your application.
https://i.imgur.com/TtI3WGL.png

Naqsmek

Back to top Go down

WoD raiding Application Empty Re: WoD raiding Application

Post  Merberan Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:55 pm

How do you feel discipline and holy will play out in WoD? Which spells/rotations/etc do you see being viable? Would you prefer holy over disc or the other way around?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naqsmek Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Firstly, i prefer disc over holy, but when i was raiding icc hc I sometimes had to switch from one to the other depending on raid composition so I am pretty comfortable with both.

From what i have read so far, shield spamming on disc will be much more mana-viable, and also the addition of the Clarity of will talent will give the priest a massive shield to give out. Apart from this, disc priests are being buffed in PoH crit chance and the t17 bonus 4p bonus gives the option of viable spam of PoH in cases where mass healing is needed instead of instant shielding.

Also, Holy nova might prove excellent for aoe healing in some situations due to the changes being done on it.

That being said, the overpowered absorbs in MoP will be reduced in WoD with the slight nerfs being given out.

Naqsmek

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:43 pm

What was your progression on the raids you effectively did raid in? Was it heroic? At what point did you get certain key boss kills? (For example, heroic professor putricde after 3 months icc)
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naqsmek Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:54 pm

It was so long ago that don't remember the exact time tbh but in ulduar i have the 25m hard mode achiev (for ironbound protodrake) after months of trying, and we got 25m HC Crimson hall i think around 5 months into the patch.

Naqsmek

Back to top Go down

Post  Naqsmek Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm

sidenote: at the time of the ICC patch i was pugging most raids since i wasn't on a stable schedule to raid in a guild.

Naqsmek

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Did you do blood wing first, or plague wing first?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naqsmek Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 pm

as far as i remember it was mostly Blood first

Naqsmek

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:51 am

Allrighty, this is a bit of a difficult one for us, but I think we can try you out on WoD release, so feel free to whisper an officer for an invite. Keep in mind that we'll be keeping an eye on mostly anything you do though.
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down