Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial - Carcharias - MW monk

3 posters

Go down

Trial - Carcharias - MW monk  Empty Trial - Carcharias - MW monk

Post  Carcharias Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:53 pm

What is your age? - I am 20 years old .
Where are you from? - I am from Belgium .
Do you have Mumble? - I have it and I know how to use it .
Microphone? - I have a microphone but not really a great one .
Name - Monk : Dimex , Hunter : Cârch , DK : Talpâ
Class -  Monk , Hunter , Death Knight
Level - 90
Spec - I can heal , tank and dps . I prefer dps and healing above tanking to be honest
Gear - Armorylink Monk : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Dimex/simple
Hunter : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/C%C3%A2rch/simple
Death Knight : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Talp%C3%A2/simple

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
I wouldn't mind changing spec , as for my hunter i don't like beast mastery so please don't make me play that Smile About my monk , i'm right now gearing windwalker to level more easy in WoD , but will defenitly be going mistweaver in WoD .

- What is your former experience? I started playing in cataclysm , and raided with my friends guild . I killed heroic madness at 5 % nerf as for this expansion . I didn't really raid that much , because all my friends were playing league of legends , I quitted the game because i wanted to start raiding again .

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild? 1st guild Opulence-AeriePeak : Left due to inactiveness of the guild .
2nd guild i left : Eradicate-Auchindoun(my own guild btw ) sold it due to inactiveness .
Right now I'm in Vanquish

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
Maybe Camulos I talked to him about the guild , He's a really nice guy or girl ^^

- Why do you want to join Disbanded? I just want a guild to raid with in Warlords of draenor and u guys seem like a friendly and motivated guild

- Tell us why we should pick you : U guys should pick because I'm a very versatile player , I'm very motivated , I take a lot of time to understand the tactics of boss encounters + I'm a very friendly guy ^^

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with? Death knight 2 years , hunter 1 year , monk 4 days but i'm watching healing guides and i'm asking good healers for tips when i encounter them in raid finder or flex .

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class) Hunter surv : Apply dots (serpent sting , black arrow ) use cobra shots to build focus / keep serpent sting up , I use explosive shot when i get lock and load procs , glaive toss whenever it's from cooldown arcane shot to dump focus , kill shot when target is below 20 % health

- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend? Yeah i can play every day of the week and if i can't be there for some reason i will make sure the raid leader / officer knows about it .

- Tell us something about yourself. I'm a 20 year old guy from belgium who loves playing world of warcraft . I have a great sense of humour if I may say so . I'm also very social ^^

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
I do not like vanilla :p
- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
Got my cloak on my hunter ^^
Almost got sigils on monk :p
And my dk I also have almost all my sigils

- Please add an UI screenshot to your application. https://imgur.com/ygOv3tZ

Carcharias

Back to top Go down

Trial - Carcharias - MW monk  Empty Re: Trial - Carcharias - MW monk

Post  Merberan Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:51 pm

allrighty, the spec we're probably most interested for you is the MW monk, since we only have one monk as of yet and are a bit lacking on healers for our WoD team. Hence, could you add a UI screenshot for that spec and describe what you've gotta do to be pro as a mistweaver?

What is, in your opinion, the strongest caveat of MW monks? And on the other end of the spectrum, what could cripple a MW monk in a raid environment?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Carcharias Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Hey ,

so basicly to be a "pro" Mw monk , u need to spread ur HoT renewing mist , not that hard since it jumps over to the most injured member ( normally the closest but i have the glyph so it travels to the furthest ) . Always keep jade serpent statue up cause it helps healing up members if ur using soothing mists . Use Chi Torpedo as often as possible because it's really strong heal and it's totally free . when raid is taking small/moderate amounts of aoe damage i use uplift because it heals any member with renewing mists , If we are taking massive amount of aoe damage i will use revival cause that heals every party member and if this is not enough i will also use Thunder focus tea and then uplift again because thunder focus tea spreads ur renewing mist to every party member , so the next uplift will be a huge uplift . when a tank is taking huge amounts of damage i'll always use life cocoon because it's a strong shield and it increase the amount of all periodic healing by 50 % . In fights where we''re moving around a lot , chi torpedo is strong to heal up the raid . Healing sphere is also very strong in these kind of situations . Envelopping mist is a HoT that i mostly use on tanks cause it heals larger amounts then renewing mists ( I will ofcourse also use renewing mists on tanks ) . I'm using the glyph of expel harm so i can use it on other people and it's also one of my main chi builders . i personally like using chi wave , but this is also depended on the fights , for example when we need to stack i like using chi wave because it jumps to 7 targets and it also jumps to more injured members so that's also pretty uselfull . another talent i use is chi brew because it builds chi and also gives me 2 stack of mana tea and i can use it every 45 seconds . spinning crane kick is also usefull in fights where we have to stack because it's an Aoe heal . Detox am i using to dispell ( pretty obvious :p ) And last but not least will always use mana tea when i have 2 stacks because it consumes only 2 stacks and it's pretty key in my rotation to keep my mana up .

When i'm taking alot of magic damage i will use my cooldown diffuse magic because it reduces 90 % of spell damage taken and it clears all magical effects on me . When i'm taking a alot of physical damage i'm using fortifying brew cause i get 20 % extra health and i take 20 % reduced damage .

Then u asked me where monks really shine , i'n my opninion a mistweaver monk is a great aoe healing class because of the amounts of aoe heals u have like , Chi torpedo , uplift , revival , chi wave and even renewing mists cause it spreads to nearby allies . High mobility fights are in my opinion also fights where a monk really stands out because of the amount of instant spells and chi torpedo . U also asked where they cripple : on that question i do not really have an answer yet because i only played in in raid finder and i didn't really experienced hard fights yet .

UI link of my monk : https://imgur.com/nTys71L

Carcharias

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Well, that's very extensive and covers a LOT of the stuff I usually ask, so now I have to go and make up some new questions, thanks alot :p

In the meanwhile, where exactly from Belgium are you? I'm spending most of my time in Leuven personally :p

One extra question already: What kind of system do you play on? Your connection is stable?

And last but not least, tell me a joke.
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Carcharias Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Haha , I maybe overdid a little bit :p

I spend all my time in Hasselt and in Diepenbeek . I play on an acer laptop don't really know what kinda laptop :p . Never really had problems with either my connection or my laptop .

A belgian man and a english man are talking about work ;
English man : What do you do for a living ?
Belgian man : I fok horses ( horsebreeder )
English man : I beg u a pardon ?
Belgian man : Yess ! Paarden

Carcharias

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:58 pm

I don't mind overdoing it, the more information you give, the more stuff we know you know, which is a good thing :p Let me reflect for a bit and I'll get back here if I have more questions or a verdict.
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Carcharias Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Ok thank you ^^

Carcharias

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:30 am

Allright we have decided to accept your application, so you can start your trial as soon as WoD hits, you'll get more details on that as we get a bit closer to release. In the meanwhile, feel free to whisper any officer in-game for an invite Smile
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eowulf Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:48 am

Welcome aboard.

Eowulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content