Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian

Go down

Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian Empty Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian

Post  Szekely Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:17 pm

What is your age? - 25 summers
Where are you from? - Denmark
Do you have Mumble? - Yes.
Microphone? - Of course.
Name - Szekely
Class - Druid
Level - 90
Spec - Guardian/Moonkin
Gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/szekely

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
Yep, i started Feral/Resto, then decided to swap around. Guardian/Moonkin.
I'm very flexible, and i know my class.

- What is your former experience?
I've raided since wrath, became Kingslayer before Cataclysm came out.
Took a break, came back just in time to clear SoO before WoD.

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
I realm changed from Eonar to Auchindoun. The guild i was in had disbanded when i came back from my break.
So after cruising through a couple of trade advertised guilds, i decided to make my way elsewhere.

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
I don't know anyone from Disbanded, yet.

- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
Well first of all, you don't just mass invite people, as they are forced to make an application first.

- Tell us why we should pick you
I'm dedicated, i take my class serious and play it to perfection.
I can think on my feet, and i don't stand in fire.

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
/played
Total time played: 74 days, 0 hours, 58 minutes, 42 seconds.
Time played this level: 33 days, 7 hours, 33 minutes, 53 seconds.

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)

- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?
I'd be able to attend the mentioned days. I'm pretty flexible aswell, if given notice ahead of time.

- Tell us something about yourself.
I'm 1.92m tall and weigh 95kg.

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
I like all ice cream.

- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
I haz legendary cloak.

Szekely

Back to top Go down

Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian Empty Re: Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian

Post  Merberan Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:51 pm

You missed two questions Smile

Also, since you only just xrealmed, I can't see your armory yet so I'm gonna wait for that to settle out before I go on :p
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian Empty Re: Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian

Post  Szekely Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Woopsie, my bad.

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class).

Moonkin
Dot up, MF > SF. (keep up)
SS whenever proc.
Wrath filler.
Starfall, because i can.

When i want to brag, i Incarnate and NV (actually, i use NV whenever off cd, not letting it go to waste).
Shrooms and hurricane for AoE.

Guardian
Mangle > Trash (keep up WB) > Lacerate (Maul whenever off cd to drop excess rage, unless self heals prio).
Swipe for AoE.

3-4 targets, Berserk for fast burn.

Bark whenever off cd, SI for peaks, and Might for when it gets hot.
Symbi on DKs, Rogues or Paladins. Pref DKs/Rogues.

Stuns/Interrupts, BH, Mighty, Typhoon.

Szekely

Back to top Go down

Post  Szekely Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:10 pm

- Please add an UI screenshot to your application.
Failed - Szekely - Balance/Guardian Q4JPUiD

Notice how i'm rocking the dps cloak, i'm confident in my gear in current SoO normal so depending on how i feel about the pug i'm in, i leave that on. Got the tank cloak sitting in bag collecting dust.

Szekely

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:24 pm

I got armory fine now, just looke up your character and it was fine :p

Also, if you were to join us, it would most likely be as MS balance, you got any issues with that?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Szekely Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:27 pm

No not at all, i've been slowly but steady gearing up for Moonkin these past weeks.
So it was the direction i was going.

Szekely

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Could you log out in Moonkin gear plox?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Szekely Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Yessurp!

Szekely

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Could you elaborate a bit about eclipse and how it influences your gameplay?

As I can see it now, your overall item level is quite low, especially for Balance, and you seem to have no heroic experience either, so we'll have to talk around a bit, maybe just some backup spots in the beginning untill you get some gear etc. No decision made yet, but just informing you have my thoughts at this moment :p
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Szekely Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Well as a moonkin, eclipse is our powerbar. Lunar (arcane) > Neutral < Solar (nature).
Depending on my spells, it goes either way (one way only till it reaches the end).

It influences my gameplay in the way of reapplying relevant dots when i eclipse.
I usually start off setting it at 80 to Lunar (pop a Wrath and enjoy that 15% haste while i break out my burst).

It influences me in the way that i dont use starfall unless i eclipse Lunar.
Relevant spells, for the right eclipse. Wouldn't want to miss out on dps.

--

I've raided normal as Guardian, so my gear as Moonkin is low.
But i do expect of a guild when asking guildies if they would be willing to change their mainspec, to be large with the gear not being imba. It's a process, and i'm sure i'll get the missing pieces in due time.

Szekely

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:31 pm

Allrighty let's proceed to the part of the application where I ask some annoying questions:

Sha of Pride: talents, tips and tricks for balance specifically?

Malkorok: Same story, plus describe in your own words what's different on heroic and how you deal with it

Spoils of pandaland: Difference on heroic and how to deal with it + specspecific tips and tricks

(These are all for heroic mode by the way, so just take some time to research them a bit if you please and then get back to us)
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Szekely Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Well aren't you the chatty person!

Sha of Pride
Vortex the add in back, drop a beam on top. Allows the add to be burned at it's spot.
DoC instead of NV.

Malkorok
We kill corruptions that spawn, if possible away from casters. (pref moved to Mal for cleave).
Orbs dont despawn, so they need to be dealt with unless you guys like not having room to move.
This of course will cause great trouble on smashes and breaths, so let's deal with the orbs.
But let's not all jump at it at once, let's delegate some players to it. Let's say, those who have dmg-reduction cds.
- Spriests with Dispersion,
- Hunters with Deterrence,
- Rogues with Cloak of Shadows.

We most likely won't be able to free the whole room of the orbs, but should be able to make enough room to move on.

Now to the players getting rooted on rage, which strat should we use? Aha!
Let's use the one i'm familiar with, the yolo tanking strat.

Raid spreads out, one tank eats the dmg.
In the mean time, the raid can clear some of the orbs still up.

Spoils of Wipes Pandaland
This is a fight i don't like particularly much. SotF for DoC, faster transitions to eclipse so i get more starfalls and stronger eclipses. Soothe is ready to help tank.

Sparks, how i love sparks.
This would be the title of a horror story, before i get started with that.
I should mention that crimson reconstitution deals fire dmg aswell, but that shouldn't matter, because people shouldnt be standing it (as the adds shouldnt).

Now to the horror.
These sparks spawn, and when they spawn, they start to cast Supernova (10s).
Wipe-guaranteed.

They dont have a lot of hp, so it should be sufficient with a single ranged dealing with it.
But let's pretend for a moment that mistakes happen, and assign more than one. You know, just in case.
Would be a shame to wipe to a Supernova.
This is also taking in to account that people might have 'Set to Blow' preventing them from standing still and focusing on the sparks.

Now to minimize the sparks, we should open both the massive crates, and then obtain the remaining 22 energy afterwards.
Healers be sure to pick up the pandaren buff.

Szekely

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:17 pm

Allrighty we're gonna see how you do in a Tryout run then, if you don't mind Smile Usually this takes about 3 lockouts, but it can be longer under certain circumstances. Actually, trials never really completely end since I keep an eye on all of my raider's performance :p

Anyway, you're free to whisper me or any other officer in-game for an invite, and if you happen to not be saved for SoO this week, we're clearing from Dark shamans till Malkorok on heroic, maybe some spoils if all is well, and just normal clear if spoils doesn't seem to be working out, so if you'd want to join, might wanna check those fight's guides Wink
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down