Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid

4 posters

Go down

Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid Empty Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid

Post  Elizine Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 pm

What is your age? - 25
Where are you from? - Bulgaria
Do you have Mumble? - Yep
Microphone? - Yep
Name - Elizine
Class - Druid
Level - 90
Spec - Restoration
Gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Elizine/simple

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it? – I can change spec if needed.

- What is your former experience? – My best raiding experience was during TBC – after that I quit playing until MoP. During MoP I played mainly on my windwalker (melee) monk. I’ve done up to flexible SoO raids both with my monk and druid.

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild? – I’ve raided hardcore with Reborn (Thunderhorn EU) as restoration druid during TBC. During MoP I’ve raided casual with friends and mainly with Virtus guild on Thunderhorn.

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you? – Yes – Enerys (my brother), Fellowbane and Drueghar.

- Why do you want to join Disbanded? – Because I want to raid hardcore and to play along with my mates at the same time. During TBC the thing I enjoyed the most was raiding so I want to have a sense of that again and I think your guild is a great place to do that.

- Tell us why we should pick you – The main reason I play WoW is because of the PvE. When I play I strive to be the best and do things accordingly. I am a competitve person and don’t give up easily  pirat

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with? - Around a hundred days played time.
-
- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class) – Well, of course there is no specific rotation for healing - it very much depends on the situation on the boss and the fight. That is why it is extremely important for healers to know the fight very well – more than anyone else I’d say – this way you can plan how to heal through the fight, when to use you cooldowns, how to save mana etc.

Restoration druids are extremely good at healing raid members and help keeping up the tank(s) as well. I usually use Wild mushroom thoughout the whole fight together with Glyph of Efflorescence. I detonate it when the raid members are taking huge spikes of damage. During such spikes when the raid needs huge amount of healing I also use Tranquility on cooldown.

I keep lifebloom on 3 stacks always on the main tank (or the one I’m assigned to). Wild growth always on cooldown on raid members. I use Glyph of Regrowth and with it I use Regrowth as my biggest heal – basically it replaces Healing Touch with this glyph – it is not so mana efficient but it’s faster than Healing Touch. Using Regrowth once in a while also gives me Mastery: Harmony (http://www.wowdb.com/spells/77495-mastery-harmony) buff for 20 sec which should be kept throughout the whole fight to increase my healing. Best case scenario is to use Regrwoth when I get the “Omen of Clarity” which makes my Regrowth (Healing touch) cost no mana (yey) Cool .

Spells like Nourish can be used also to activate the 20 sec buff when there is not much damage – it is like a small heal and mana efficient.
I use Rejuvanation usually with Swiftmend when I need to insta-heal someone. Otherwise I prefer not to use it as it cost a lot of mana. Cenarion Ward on cd on a tank.

Cenarion Ward, Nature’s Swiftness and Ironbark I use on cd – Ironbark and Cenarion Ward on the tank usually.

As a last talent I chose Tree of Life – it’s truly awesome  Cool  so I use it on cd or save it for phases which require huge amount of healing. It allows me to use Lifebloom on as many raid members as I can, also Wildgrowth affects one more target so use it on cd. And the best of all is because of the many stacks of lifebloom , I get lots of procs of Omen of Clarity so I get to cast instant Regrowths which cost no mana – just awesome  Very Happy

That’s basically it.

However, as I see in the forums Blizzard is gonna do some changes with the spells of the druid and how much mana they will cost…which I think will change this “rotation” during the new expansion…and it will be completely different.

- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend? – YES!  Very Happy  This schedule suits me.

- Tell us something about yourself. – Well…I am Fellowbane’s gf. We currently live together and I hope we can raid together so I can slap him when he fails (jk) Very Happy I’ve studied computer sciences, now I have a full time job and besides playing WoW I like dancing and I very much like to party!

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least. – Don’t have any recent raid logs, sorry. I like them ALL ice-creamS! You can never have enough ice-cream. In fact… Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid 1384129_525895627497054_980416747_n 

- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain? – I obtainted the back only on my main character Elzinda (monk) during MoP. Don’t have it on Elizine (druid) because I didn’t play her that much during the current expansion.

- Please add an UI screenshot to your application. – I don’t think this is a relevant question, I am sorry  Neutral  I think each player playes the way it is most suitable for him/herself so don’t see why you’are asking for such a screenshot. Anyways, here it is:
Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid ZwoDqz

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid Empty Re: Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid

Post  Merberan Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:00 pm

You don't use rejuvenation a lot? O.o Iirc it was the go-to spell to use as a filler to keep on people with DoTs, tanks, and general healing
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid Empty Re: Trial - Elizine - Restoration Druid

Post  Elizine Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Well, during TBC I used Regrowth and Rejuv like all the time. However, with my current gear during MoP spamming rejuv didn't really work well for me as it is not so mana efficient. I try keep it on the tank(s) with lifebloom as well but for raid healing I mainly use Wild growth and mushrooms. And as I said I also use Rejuv with Swiftmend for insta heals on whoever needs it.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Could you tell me some things about which non-healing related utility you have as a druid? I see some things sitting ready on your actionbars, but I also see at least one big missing piece, hence the question
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Also, on which character did you do your TBC raiding? Could you provide the armory link for it please?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Another also, what technique do you use to heal? A combination of clique and raidframes, mouseover macros, manually selecting people and pressing a heal,...?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:06 pm

1. Well, what I can think of is Stampeding roar which I have in catform - I actually didn't need it that much so far but then again I didn't raid that much during MoP. That's why I don't have it on my main bars - it's on my carform's bar. Another one - symbiosis which I have on my right action bar - here it is more visible as the screenshot appeared a bit cut off Rolling Eyes https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/v2/1596x898q90/742/zwoDqz.jpg

2. This is the character I played during TBC. It took me a while to understand why you were asking me this question but I guess you saw that for example BT raid progress says I haven't done it. Back then our account (mine and Enerys's) got hacked ( a few times) and my character - deleted 2 times. The 1st time I had to level her from scratch. The 2nd time I remember that Blizzard restored everything for me. I suppose this happened after I've finished raiding with Reborn. Don't remember exactly tbh as it was 7 years ago.

I tried checking for pics on Reborn's site but here's what's left of it... http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=70568&TabID=610683 Not much unfortunatelly. Scrolling down, the pics of Illidan and Vashj's kills are no longer there. I remember we progressed till 3rd boss in Sunwell and that's about it.

Kinda sad I cannot prove that.

3. I am a clicker I confess - it is more interesting for me rather than using healbots and such kind of addons. Use mouse over macro just for Nature's Cure.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:49 am

Let's say (hypothetically) that swapping from being a "clicker" to an addon-supported playstyle or mouseover macroes (which do basically the same thing as addons) increased your output by 20-30%, would you be willing to adapt your playstyle to better support the team? What if it only increased it by 10%? Or 5%?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:17 am

1st of all - maybe I didn't explain it correctly - I do not use just my mouse ofc - I have keys binded to my most used spells - so I basically just click on people and push buttons to heal them. If just mouse over increases my output in fact I am willing to try that of course. Think I can get used to it. In the end all that matters is doing a good job and keeping your raid alive:)

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:35 am

Allrighty, perfect, then I have one last question for you: If we are progressing and we need to be selective of our setup, it is well possible that you, your boyfriend or any of the other bulgarians may get swapped out, independant of eachother, so while I understand it's nice to have a group of friends fully in the raid all the time, more often than not this might be the case.
For progression it's one thing, but for farmcontent aswell, since before raid I optimize the setup on a boss to boss basis to spread gear as efficiently as possible (for example: player x only needs a small upgrade from boss y, while player z needs a big upgrade, hence player z gets the spot).

Is this any issue whatsoever?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:02 pm

It is not an issue for me Smile

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Ailish Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Hello,
I'm also an officer and I happen to play resto druid as my main alt.
I do have one major issue with your described rotation: you say you're only using rejuvenation on tanks.
Yet you desire to use your mushroom's bloom - however, the mushroom's bloom is based off of stored up rejuvenation overhealing.
How do you reconcile this?

Ailish

Back to top Go down

Post  Eowulf Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:44 am

Hi Elizine, kindly go over the last question asked by Ailish so as to help the officers decide your application. Thanks and good luck!

Eowulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:46 am

Hi again,

I am aware that the mushroom accumulates the overhealing done by Rejuv, however, as I said with my current gear it didn't turn out very mana efficient to use it a lot on the raid members - I've tried that in LFR's Sad . However, if you know the fight and expect huge spikes of damage on raid members it is nice ofc to put Rejuv on them in advance. This way not only they have 1 more HoT on them but the bloom heals them for much more. I simply did not use it all of the time because as I said my gear sucked and I was oom-ing pretty fast >.>

Anyway, as I see Rejuv is going to be much more mana efficient during WoD going down to 9.4% of base mana from current 14.5% so ye, I am sure I am gonna use it a lot again. Same for Healing Touch.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Another pointer on that Rejuvenation-topic could be, if you use Regrowth that much, it's no big suprise that you run out of mana fast, since regrowth is a terribly mana-efficient spell. Thoughts on that?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Where did I say I use it THAT much? I use it instead of HT as a big heal in occassions when a bigger heal is needed because I combine with with the glyph which makes it crit 100% - this way it replaces HT as a big heal and it's faster. Also I use it a lot during the Tree of Life stage when Omen of Clarity procs a lot and this way with it I get to cast free of mana instand Regrowths.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Ailish Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Well, let's look at it this way:

- you're not often using rejuv
- you're not using healing touch at all since regrowth is glyphed, which is normal
- you're not using regrowth often you said
- wild growth CD is 8 sec
- lifebloom requires a refresh at least every 15 sec

What else do you do then?

Honestly, rejuvenation might be getting boosted in WoD in terms of mana efficiency, but this is not because it's inefficient now.
In fact, it's because a lot of the smart healing is getting deleted so healers need to be able to 'do' more.

You mentioned you don't rejuv because your gear doesn't allow it - I've healed several CM gold runs on my druid and
rejuvenation is something I use even more intensely on such low gear levels.
I'll quote wowwiki

Early or non-Resto Healing
You will want to use Rejuvenation and Healing Touch as much as possible due to their better mana efficiency than Regrowth. Healing Touch has a long cast time, so try to predict when your target will need it and cast it beforehand. Healing Touch is quite large, so for healing smaller amounts of damage Regrowth is a better choice because it requires less mana, even though it's less efficient.

I also saw you mentioning you're using rejuv to counter spike damage. Rejuv actually excels at healing small or DoT damage, not spikes.
It also mentioned something like "the bloom heals them for much more"? What do you mean by this? Do you mean extra accumulated healing?

Honestly I see a lot of things that could potentially be an issue for a solid raider spot since we're a mythic guild.
Since you've not played your resto druid much in MoP I'm willing to overlook this if you do well in a possible trial.
However, I think I need to take you along to a LFR and have a good in depth look at your ability break-down to form my opinion fairly,
since the fact that you're going glyph of regrowth at a low gear level is confusing me.

While I agree it's a strong option, I personally don't like the loss of my Regrowth HoT for Swiftmending off of it.
I'm also not so sure if it's a good option at low gear.

Ailish

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Well, honestly guys, I've explained what I do. Do not know what else to tell you. This is my healing style so if you do like to trial me, go for it. It's up to you.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Well the big problem for us right now is, we don't really have a clear picture of what exactly you do during a bossfight. Could you give us an (estimated) breakdown of which spell you use howmany times over like 30 seconds during a bossfight like norushen for example, which consists of mostly consistent aoe healing?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:56 pm

I went on LFR Norushen and here's what I've used Screen
Basically I put a mushroom on the stacked ranged dps at the beginning, I try and stay inside the mushroom as well. Keep lifebloom on a tank, put shield(ironbark and cenarion ward) and rejuvs on tanks. I put Rejuvs once in a while as you can see but it is not my main aoe healing spell. For that I use Wild Growth - during it's cooldown(8 sec) I cast spells depending on the situation - if a big heal is needed by someone - I use regrowth or rejuv plus swiftmend or nature's swiftness + regrowth . I refresh the lifeblooms or change them depending on who takes up the tanking. Didn't have any mana issues during this fight so I didn't rly use Nourish. For major raid dmg - tranquility and bloom.

I mainly played windwalker monk during MoP and there's a huge difference between dps-ers and healers as we all know. With my monk I got used to my rotation and at some point I wasn't putting so much "brain power" to it Very Happy whereas as a healer you never know what can surprise you - there cannot be an exact roatation which I can say I keep throughout the fights.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 pm

I see no swiftmend in the healing breakdown? O.o
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:57 pm

I used it, apparently it was a small part of the healing though. Smile I see there is a scroll on the right but I didn't see it when I took the screen. The pie chart consists of 10 breakdowns so to say, so ye, it was 9th or 10th most likely.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Allrighty I think we can accept you for a trial, although we do have to mention that, while we understand that you're not very comfortable with the playstyle of a resto druid right now, that we do expect to see strong evolution going into the future. Just comparing some other logs to the one you posted for example, swiftmend healing % should be about half of your regrowth healing %, with your glyph setup etc.

So yeah, basically a fair chance as a trial, with expectations that we see great stuff in the future, as for any trial. Welcome aboard.
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizine Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:40 am

Thank you. I'll do my best.

Elizine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down