Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoD trial - Rephaim - Frost DK

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WoD trial - Rephaim - Frost DK Empty WoD trial - Rephaim - Frost DK

Post  Eoniac Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:54 pm

What is your age? -23
Where are you from? -Greece
Do you have Mumble? -Yes
Microphone? -Yes
Name -Alexandros
Class -Death Knight
Level -90
Spec - Frost
Gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Rephaim/advanced

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
Ofc i will if need, tank spec kinda crappy though. I have good experience with frost spec,cause is the main spec i play since i started the dk (intentions on going dual wielding so the rotation will be changed)

- What is your former experience?
Started WoW in 2012 with some friends but no so fan of the raiding though ( maybe because my friend didnt want either to raid). i started with a night elf druid and loved feral from the beggining but then i could finally make my lifetime love (DK) which is was a shame that i had to abandon LICH KING! it didnt take me a long time to cap at lvls and started the progress but it was low cause of my guild (the one  i made with my friends) so i hoped someday i could join a good progressing guild so i can do proper raids

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
Auchindoun Private dancers (my friends guild), my friends stopped playing or moved on differnt realm and i couldnt follow

Auchindoun Desert eagles, left cause noone was doing nothing... Neutral Pretty dead guild

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
nope! Very Happy

- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
Cause i want to join a serious raiding guild and i knows yours is one this kind

- Tell us why we should pick you
Not trolling, fast learning, can work  pretty good under command pressure.

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
17 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)
<<two handed weapon>>
Outbreak, Pestilence (if AoE fight, there goes death and decay too), Pillar of frost, Obliterate (as long as i have runes and ofc when killing machine procs), if rim procs--> howling blast, frost strike to spend RP and fill my blood tap (at 10 stacks i use it to get 2 runes for free),if no runic power and no runes i cast empower rune weapon, if diseases are ending i cast Unholy blight so that i dont have to spend runes for plague strike...
Anti-magic shell to soak spells on me or AoE that need to be soaked, icebound fortitude for reduced dmg on me, asphyxiate and mind freeze when i am able to interrupt and remorseless winter when available for freeze, HORN OF WINTER ofc is always on cooldown to gain extra runic power (at least for cause at expansion there will be no runic power there for me)...  Very Happy  Very Happy
- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?

I am able to attend every day needed
- Tell us something about yourself.
I study engineering and petroleum technology, i play lost of MOBAs and MMOs and i like spaggetti

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
Peanut flavor

- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
I am at echoes of the titans right now (9/12 titan runestones)

- Please add an UI screenshot to your application.
https://imgur.com/n1M5JVc

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

WoD trial - Rephaim - Frost DK Empty Re: WoD trial - Rephaim - Frost DK

Post  Merberan Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:59 am

Hello there,

What sort of spot exactly are you looking for? What are you aspirations for this expansion and the next concerning the raiding team?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:30 pm

looking for dps spot. (got the cloak and turned to dual wielding). on expansion i am planning on PvE only. not interested for PvP. so i am in for farming and raiding

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Well for this tier, as I'm sure you'll understand, we're really not planning to take a super low geared player along :p As for WoD, if you want a core raiding spot, you'll have to prove yourself by means of a trial first, but I'm a bit confused since you seem to say you want a core spot, but you also put "social" in your thread title. Feel free to enlighten me about that
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:51 am

i have no problem to get tested for a core spot in the group. as for the "social" on the title, well i did put that but it was i small mistake i made dragged down from the previous posts i read... Razz

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:47 pm

So basically you're looking for a core spot for WoD?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:44 pm

by the time i hit 100 yes i will
Smile

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:55 am

What do you foresee as a change to the playstyle of the DPS DK's in WoD? How will it affect your gameplay?

What's your previous raiding experience?

When you said your blood spec is crappy, do you mean the gear is crappy, or do you mean you are crappy at it? :p Asking this because at this point, if there is a 3 tank fight, we'll need a (most likely) plate DPS to go tankspec for a few niche fights, or if one of the maintanks cannot attend
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 am

well i was looking at the talents and the skills and i see that dk  dps becomes a bit easier when it come for his diseases. they no longer have duration with the necrotic plague talent, but they gain stacks instead (not so much for burst but very good stable high dmg). also pillar gives additional strength and doesnt cost runes anymore, which is good for me, but i think my gameplay style will adapt pretty good at the changes.
My raiding experience is that good (cata normals, pandaria only FLEX) but i have proved myself in every group i have been cause of my dicipline , my class knowledge and rotation and my abitlity to follow tactics and listen to the leader if i dont know how to do something, and ofc i dont rage at ppl who cant follow the flow ( which is important for the group in order to progress)
I am an average blood dk (i mean i know my rotation but not so well) but my gear is really crappy so i dont use blood so much. thats the main reason i dont play tank. if needed though i can oftank pretty well but i need guidance (but that means that if i have to change spec sometime i will have to drop my dps progress at gear). i am fond of the phrase: do only one thing but be the best at it. Wink

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:56 am

Well you wouldn't be going tank main spec in any way, just for example, my holy spec is at 584 ilvl, while my tank spec is at 575 or something, which is just good enough to do what needs to be done with it, as said, it's only need for a few niche fights, if at all :p

So, you were good in normals in cata, by what kind of percentage would you say you were outperforming your fellow raiders?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am

well at cata i was third at dps (with feral druid at most) and second with my dk (leader and his girlfriend were at top 3 always) Razz
although we didnt do many runs cause guild disbanded after a while

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:15 am

What kind of utility do you feel you have as a DK? Where is that utility useable/strongest? How about personal cooldowns?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 am

well as a dk the utility spells are not that much but they are worthy. 3 interrupts, 1 slow (2 if you count remorseless winter stacks). and dont forget his buffs (10% atk power for 1 hour which is worthy, and 10% atk speed) and when i say worthy i dont mean only their values but the fact that you need 2 ppl to cover these (rogue and warrior) Wink
what do you mean about personal cooldowns?

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 am

More detail on the utility spells please. Personal cooldowns are just that, personal cooldowns. For example as a paladin I have Divine Shield, Divine protection, hand spells, etc
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:49 am

utility spells detail:
1) asphyxiate:Lifts an enemy target off the ground and crushes their throat with dark energy, stunning them for 5 sec. Functions as a silence if the target is immune to stuns. 30 second cooldown.
2) mind freeze: interrupts spellcasting and prevents magic cast from that school for 4 seconds. 15 sec cooldown.
3) remorseless winter (that has two effects): Surrounds the Death Knight with a swirling tempest of frigid air for 8 sec, chilling enemies within 8 yards every 1 sec. Each pulse reduces targets' movement speed by 15% for 3 sec, stacking up to 5 times. Upon receiving a fifth application, an enemy will be stunned for 6 sec. 1 minute cooldown.
4) chains of ice:slows targets movement speed by 60% for 8 sec.
(forgot to mention death grip before, its essential for a fight if there are ranged mobs my job is to bring them in the fight for AoE dps,and raise ally which is important for the group this one extra cr)
as for buffs, horn of winter has 20 sec cooldown and unholy aura is passive.
Now for the personal cooldowns i consider the following:
1)Anti magic shell ( which i enhanced with glyph): give a shield (half my hp) that absorb 100% of incoming spells, prevents magic effects on me and generates runic power for my spender skills. 30 second cooldown (most often utility spell used i fight i can avoid magic dmg on me)
2) empower rune weapon: this one resets all my runes and gives me 25 runic power (also use it on cooldown even if it has 3.6 min cd).
3)icebound fortitude: immune to stun effect and reduce dmg taken by 20% for 12 seconds. 2.16 minute cooldown.
4) pillar of frost ( this is both offensive and utility for dk): provides me 20% strenght and immunity to knockbacks. 40 sec cooldown.
5) Army of the dead (i consider it personal spells cause i use it for dps mostly and that is why i removed with a glyph the taunt that the ghouls do. that happened cause many times the tank complaint about losing aggro):
Summons an entire legion of Ghouls to fight for the Death Knight for 40 sec. The Ghouls will swarm the area, taunting and fighting anything they can. While channeling Army of the Dead, the Death Knight takes less damage equal to his Dodge plus Parry chance. 7 min cooldown.

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm

For the utility spells, can you give some situations where they would be useful please? Doesn't have to be current tier, any instance or even imaginary situation you can think of is fine.

One extra question, if you encounter a bunch of mobs that are spread out around a boss, and they need to be kited and aoe'ed down, you, as a DK, have the perfect tools to deal with this. How would you go about it?

(I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but that's just because you don't really have any heroic experience, hope you don't mind)
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:16 pm

no no, i dont mind at all.
look, about the kiting thing you said i will just retalent and reglyph death and decay prior encounter (cause as dps i dont have taunt). I change remorseless winter with gorefiend's grasp (AoE death grip, and death and decay glyph that reduces movement speed by 50%) its the best way to deal AoE kiting fighting encounters (just because AoE death grip pulls the mobs on the target you have, i developed a macro to target me before i cast it (use it mostly on blood)).
As for the utility spells i will tell you about a recent happening in flex part 3 which costed me my life the first time but after this combo (with the helping dps of my group ofc) i managed to stay alive. Are you familiar about the cleave from ko kron skullsplitters?? i found a way not to soak (choke) this amount of dmg... the spells that helped me are asphyxiate and remorseless winter ( cast asphyxiate when near, then quickly apply 5 stacks of remorseless for the 6 second stun) its pretty enough time to throw their corpses to the ground. i also managed to encounter iron juggernaut solo tank (my ghouls from army taunt normally) (dont know if it can be done). by the time i needed space to remove the stacked effect on me i just used my as a decoy for 40 seconds so i can tank it again full strength... Very Happy

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 pm

i hope i am accurate at my answers

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:20 am

Well, for the skillsplitters, if you stun them right after they start cleaving, the cast gets interrupted, so that's probably a simpler thing to do :p

For Iron Juggernaut, army ghouls don't taunt raidbosses, so I have no idea what happened there.
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:20 pm

ye but you prevent them from cast again... same goes for the ironstorms on nazgrim...
dont know what happend either but it saved me... Razz

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Well, it seems you pretty much know your class to me, I'll ask some other peeps to check into this post and then you'll get our final verdict Smile
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:23 pm

in flex and lfr the dmg is never enough so from my experience those helped a lot... i am sure in normals and heroics is diefferent but i have no clues yet...

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:24 pm

waiting for your reply... Very Happy

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 am

Allrighty I've talked to the DK's currently active with us, and they agree that you seem to know most of the ins and outs of your class, so we'll accept you as a trial for now, which will start as soon as WoD hits. Keep in mind that even during the leveling process we'll be monitoring your performance in dungeons etc, so put your best foot forwards at all times Smile

You're free to whisper me or another officer in-game for an invite.
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoniac Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:14 pm

i would like some time before i whisp for an invitation at your guild cause i agreed with my guild master to get helped for the challenge mode.. and because i need the achievement and the transmog set (the second one badly) i would like you to give me some time and dont decline my application. Very Happy thank you very much

Eoniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next