Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial - Vanths - Mage

2 posters

Go down

Trial - Vanths - Mage Empty Trial - Vanths - Mage

Post  Vanths Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 pm

General info
What is your age? - 18
Where are you from? - Croatia
Do you have Mumble? - Yes
Microphone? - Yes (my soundcard is a little derpy lately)
Name - Roko
Class - Mage
Level - 90
Spec - Frost
Gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Vanths/advanced

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
Currently I PvP and PvE in frost, I have arcane off-spec but prefer frost due to its mobility and burst. I am ready to change to whatever spec is needed/best at the time.

- What is your former experience?
I played WoW since TBC but heavily as a casual, wasn't interested in raiding until now. (note: this is not the same account that I played on since TBC that one got locked)

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
My two previous guilds were Krav Maga and Dreamslack. Dreamslack was my leveling guild left it due to its inactivity, in Krav Maga I was for a short period of time, left for no particular reason, joined Disbanded as a social.

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
Nope.

- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
I would like to take up raiding in WoD, do CMs and other content that is challenging with people who would be as dedicated and persistent as me and just socialize in a friendly enviroment.

- Tell us why we should pick you
To be honest I have no clue, and while I can't give you a real reason I can only say that I'm friendly and willing to help and learn, and hopefully by learning I will make up for the raiding experience that I do not have. Might be worth mentioning I'm stubborn if that counts for anything.

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
29 days atm

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)
Frost mage isn't really a hard class to play compared to a lot of other specs and classes in the game, the most important thing to do is keep living bomb snapshotted, use cooldowns properly depending on the encounter (example: if there is a trash pack incoming a few seconds after the boss pull I'll want to save frozen orb and other cooldowns if the adds take priority). Always remember to alter as much procs as I possibly can, or even use alter as a defensive cooldown to ease the encounter for the healers. Where frost mages truly shine is mobility and dps on the go, blazing speed and blink allows us to keep out of the nasty stuff and pet nova and frozen orb combined with the ice lance glyph provide us nice dps with procs while moving. As far as raid utility and self utility is concerned you can spellsteal nice buffs of off certain mobs which can boost your dps or defense nicely, second spell regarding utility would be remove curse to keep raid members and yourself clean of them, and of course time warp, use it depending on the encounter(don't use it on cooldown kids). Next up is the knowing when to interrupt adds/boss, mages have two tools for that and that would be CS and deep, I'll mostly want to save those for adds that heal or cast devastating or deadly abilities. Lastly ice block being one of the best defensive cooldowns in the game combined with cold snap can prove to be a nice exit or damage mitigator in scenarios where healers are either out of cooldowns or the boss is casting a powerful ability.

- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?
I'd say I would but can't promise anything due to the fact that RL stuff can always pop up but I'll do my best as far as informing a superior goes if I'm able or not able to attend the raid/event.

- Tell us something about yourself.
I'm not really a type of person that likes to go around and speak of myself openly, I wouldn't say I'm shy I just don't like giving people an image of myself but rather prefer them to create one on their own. Other than that I love music, gaming, socializing and apples.

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
Haven't yet tried a flavor I don't like, I just like sticking with lemon on summer and chocolate on winter.

- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
Done.

- Please add an UI screenshot to your application.
https://imgur.com/XfnYkp7 (the rating is just fo' sho' I'm not that good >.> and I'm too lazy to find a nice place in game to take a picture Razz)

Vanths

Back to top Go down

Trial - Vanths - Mage Empty Re: Trial - Vanths - Mage

Post  Merberan Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi, yeah, I'm a tiny bit confused, your class knowledge seems far above average, but I did a Garrosh kill with you (I think) earlier, and was kindof suprised by your output. Do you have any issues with latency or pc performance that could explain this oddity? Or were you just having a bad day?
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanths Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:34 pm

I PvP a whole lot and have just recently gotten into PvE, so I'm still learning you could say. I have slight fps issues in the beggining of the encounters sometimes and I was dead tired yesterday so I wasn't fully concentrated missed out on a lot of things, so sorry about slacking >.<

Vanths

Back to top Go down

Post  Eowulf Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:47 am

Hi Vanths. I have two issues I'd like to ask you about:

1. Attendance: you seemed a bit vague about how active you can be. At Disbanded we expect an 85%+ attendance raid from our raiders - do you think you can commit yourself to that?

2. FPS issues: you claim to have fps issues at the beginning of encounters. Considering that with 20 mans your fps will take a hit, how do you plan to resolve this issue?

Thanks and good luck with your application.

Eowulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanths Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:16 pm

1. Attendance: you seemed a bit vague about how active you can be. At Disbanded we expect an 85%+ attendance raid from our raiders - do you think you can commit yourself to that?
I'd say I could commit myself to that due to not having many other activities that take time when the raids are.

2. FPS issues: you claim to have fps issues at the beginning of encounters. Considering that with 20 mans your fps will take a hit, how do you plan to resolve this issue?
I've just checked and my game was running on high res in the systems menu because I mostly did PvP until recently which doesn't have as many things to render compared to a raid enviroment, I've lowered it to fair and the game seems to be running a lot smoother in raid enviroment while that, to me at least, feels like a clunky solutioun I've been considering to upgrading my PC whenever I find the time to be right, probably to be with the launch of the new xpac.

Feel free to ask any more questions if you're interested.

Vanths

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Allright I think that covers most of the questions we normally ask, to me, this looks good enough to give you a shot at a trialrun. It'll start, well, now, and end whenever we see fit, which can vary a bit depending on your personal performance etc. Welcome to the raiding team :p
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanths Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Thank you for the chance Smile

Vanths

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content