Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accepted - Døøm - Blood Death Knight

Go down

Accepted - Døøm - Blood Death Knight Empty Accepted - Døøm - Blood Death Knight

Post  Døøm Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:28 pm

What is your age? -20
Where are you from? -Greece
Do you have Mumble? -Yes
Microphone? -Yes
Name -Døøm
Class -Death Knight
Level -90
Spec -Blood
Gear - Armorylink: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/D%C3%B8%C3%B8m/simple

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
No, I have an offspec with quite good gear, 554ilvl.
- What is your former experience?
I got 2/14 HC exp, with many tries on protectors (15%), and off course i know all fights in HC (since i was a raid leader in my guild)
- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
Started at Pure as a backup raider, went to deliverance for full time spot (became an officer and the raid leader), joined 3 days ago Defenders of Valor for a backup spot again, but i will lose motivation with a backup position so i decided not to stay there.
- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
No.
- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
I think Disbanded is a good guild with nice progress that fits my ambitions.
- Tell us why we should pick you
I am playing blood death knight from the moment Wotlk was released and i know my class a lot cause of that, i also can provide raid with food, flasks, pots and im really friendly.
- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
From the first day of WotLK Death Knight is my main character (always as blood tank)
- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)
I always start by taunting and applying my diseases, spam deathstrike when possible (due to abs shield), burn runic power with rune strike, blood boil and D&D with proc (so my diseases are refreshed + more dmg with dnd), use cds when needed and before a powerfull ability of the boss. Thats pretty much it.
- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?
Yes im able to attend all days.
- Tell us something about yourself.
Im friendly, i know my character really well, and im a fast learner Smile
- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
Dont have a recent log unfortunatelly, but, i love ice cream with oreos Very Happy
- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
Completed long time ago.

Døøm

Back to top Go down

Accepted - Døøm - Blood Death Knight Empty Re: Accepted - Døøm - Blood Death Knight

Post  Merberan Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi there, app looks nice, just a few questions.
I checked your armory real quick, and I noticed you have a few pieces with no mastery, that aren't reforged to mastery either. Same goes for gems. As far as I know (and I have my sources) that DK's just stack mastery through the roof if at all possible. Care to give me some insight in that information?

Second, let's say we are doing Malkorok heroic, and you're up to solotank bloodrage. We have 2 paladins, a disc priest and a resto druid with external CD's ready. How do you handle it, including positioning etcetera?
And another similar question: Which glyphs would you use on general nazgrim heroic, and why?

Hope to hear from you soon Smile
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Accepted - Døøm - Blood Death Knight Empty Re: Accepted - Døøm - Blood Death Knight

Post  Døøm Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:03 am

Hello and thanks for the reply. To begin with the reforges are my mistake and your right about DK's needing mastery as priority stat. The thing is the items that are not reforged are the most recent ones i got, my guild wasn't going so well so i lost my motivation about being better, so i didn't feel the need to reforge them so i can become better. But i will change them when i log in. The gems that don't have mastery are because of the socket bonus (i put best possible gems just to trigger the bonus).
As for the fight mechanics that you asked about, i haven't actually done any of those fights so i'll answer judging from guides/strategies/videos i've seen. For malkorok hc encounter, during the solotank phase (even i have read that dks aren't the best for that) i would act like this: 1) Dancing Rune Weapon + Army of the Dead, 2) Icebound Fortitude, 3) Rook's Unlucky Talisman (i have it just currently not equiped), 4) Ask for external maybe a pain sup. The same rotation counts for the 2nd blood rage since i got the Vial of Living Corruption so my cd's except army will be available (ill ask for an external), also i will start the phase with 12 stacks of Bone Shield. I dont kinda get what you mean by positioning tbh.. For General Nazgrim the only idea that comes to my head is use the icebound fortitude glyph so i can use it more often right before the execute ability so i wont take full damage. But dks can sustain this ability with blood shield (our mastery). I'm happy to answer anything else and i hope i can suit for your needs.

Døøm

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:05 am

Allrighty, I see you've fixed up your gear a bit, just mentioning that you seem to have forgotten to enchant your bracers :p

As for your answers, the movement part was a bit of a trick question, basically what you do is you keep him dead still in the center of the room, and just don't run into any orbs.
For nazgrim, a very good glyph is Glyph of Icy Touch, since the shamans can cast earth shield on the boss, which heals him for 5% each time he takes a hit, and since tanks have the most uptime on him, they're usually the fastest to dispel (our prot warrior also uses shield slam dispel glyph here).

I'll consult with my co-officers real quick, but normally you should get a response before tonight saying aye or naye Wink
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Døøm Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks for your reply and yes i've forgotten to ench my bracers Razz Well about my answers for Malk i know that you tank him in middle and avoid orbs thats why i wrote i dont get what you mean by positioning Razz And as for Nazgrim, IT glyph is a glyph that i have ready to equip for all raid needs, i just didnt pay attention on the earth shield :S Anyways i hope you choose me and i can assure you that i wont disappoint you Smile

Døøm

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Allrighty we've decided to have you let a go at a tryout spot for now, feel free to whisper any of the officers in-game for an invite Smile
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down