Disbanded Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accepted - Taishini - Elemental Shaman

2 posters

Go down

Accepted - Taishini - Elemental Shaman Empty Accepted - Taishini - Elemental Shaman

Post  Jee-Unit Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:54 am

What is your age? - 18
Where are you from? - England, Suffolk
Do you have Mumble? -Yes
Microphone? - Yes
Name - Taishini
Class - Shaman
Level - 90
Spec - Elemental
Gear - Armorylink http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Taishini/advanced

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
Never been much of a healer, but being part of a raid team would require dedication, so if it ever came to it, I'd be more than happy to attempt it. Ranged is where the heart is, melee DPS does not fit in with my play style at all.

- What is your former experience?
Former experience would consist of running around goldshire doing bugger all in vanilla, raiding only came to me when patch 3.3.0 was released. Had a break during Cataclysm, and returned at the end of the expansion to then conquer MoP. Did all 5.0 raids and ToT, even got to some heroic content in ToT.

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
On Auchindoun I was in PBJT, reason for leaving would be that the people there have no personality, never wish to engage in guild conversation and are only there to raid, which I don't have a problem with, it's just it's very dull for the rest of us.

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
Anyone who is awesome will probably do so.

- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
To be able to contribute towards progression, help make up the raid team for mythic and of course more importantly, make new friends and become part of the family.

- Tell us why we should pick you
Making new friends and speaking to new people has always been something i'm good at. I'm pretty confident on the mic during raids and out of raids. If there is anyone that lurks around on mumble during odd hours, I'll more than likely become best friends with that person because I do intend to do the same thing.

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
This shaman I've played for about 2 weeks, but i've played a shaman before. WoW since 2004, if you count picking your nose in the lions pride in as playing, then sure, been playing nearly 10 years, dear god.

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)
I found the shaman rotation easy to master, and it consists of keeping flame shock up, using lava burst everytime it comes off cooldown, earth shock on 7 charges on your lightening shield, keep searing totem up (unless fire elemental is off cooldown), lightening bolt as a filler and using in fights where its very heavy movement required, unless spiritwalkers grace is up, then its just the rotation, dps on the go! :DFights with 2-4 mobs i try and dot them up as much as i can with flame shock, getting them lava burst procs every sec! fights 5+ mobs, Chaaaaaaain lightening! (Always imagine myself as emperor palpatine when i spam CL) using totemic projection to place my magma totem to the feet of the mobs, and keeping earthquake up whilst i go full palpatine on their arses.

- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?
Those raid times are more than perfect for me, I'm very flexible with times Smile

- Tell us something about yourself.
My name is Liam, im 6ft 8, so my big hands are a real benefit for spreading across the keyboard reaching them binds ;)My favourite class is probably a Priest (it's a biased opinion, but hey). I always get excited when I get to quest in Nagrand and Uldum. Mechanostrider's are my favourite. I find Taran Zhu to be the biggest bad ass ever. And something a little wow off topic, I work full time in a warehouse until I attend college in September to do ICT at a level 3 Smile.

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
Looked on world of logs, cant find anything from my priests raids, so yeah, vanilla ice-cream is the worst.
- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
Currently just at the start of the chain, this will be my second time round on doing the questline.

Jee-Unit

Back to top Go down

Accepted - Taishini - Elemental Shaman Empty Re: Accepted - Taishini - Elemental Shaman

Post  Merberan Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Honestly you look like a nice person, all your gear is gemmed and enchanted and all that kind of stuff so that's good aswell, even though the quality of the gear itself is rather shit :p

Could you explain in your own words garrosh normal, sha of pride HC and Galakras HC? With all the class specific tips and tricks you know of ofcourse Smile
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Accepted - Taishini - Elemental Shaman Empty Re: Accepted - Taishini - Elemental Shaman

Post  Jee-Unit Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Gary Icecream, Be close to adds when they die, whilst avoiding annihilation. Iron stars are bad :)Kill the Farseer Wolf Riders as soon as they appear. DoT and kill the Desecrated Weapons in Phase One.
DPS mind-controlled players. Kill Minions of Y'Shaarj away from other Minions of Y'Shaarj. When we get zoned into the specials I use my Astral Guidance 5 seconds into the special boss fight then healing tide totem after that is all the cooldowns needed for that room.  It is up every time and can save healer CD's for more important parts of the fight.

Sha, as a dps its obviously my job to prioritise DPS on the adds. Glyph of Shamanistic Rage to self-dispel the stacking debuff, which helps the healers out a bit. Stack up behind boss, be weary of swelling pride, free corrupted prison people immediately. Correctly handle banishment and unstable corruption. Enjoy the giant game of pac man. wakakakaka.

Galakras, avoid the many ground-based attacks in the fight (arcing smash, muzzle spray, etc.).
Immediately move away from dragonmaw ebon stalkers if they are behind you.Move away from thranok when he is casting skull cracker.
Dispatch part of your raid to deal with the mini-bosses on top of the towers. In Phase Two, intercept the ball of fire caused by flames of Galakrond.
Always DPS adds based on their priority.
I always use my ascendance on the second wave of adds so the shaman gets burned down relatively quicker.
Ancestral Guidance during the burn phase at the end, and healing tide totem.
Glyph of Grounding Totem to reflect damage from fire arrows.

Jee-Unit

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Actually, this is very similar to your friend that applied aswell. Some mistakes in the explanations etc, but the effort, attitude and personality all seem very positive, hence you'll get the same reply as him, so feel free to whisper me or any other officer in-game for an invite Smile
Merberan
Merberan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down